In a recent video that has been making its rounds amongst news cycles this week, the licensed toxicologist termed the occurrence “a freak accident happening in a perfect storm sequence of events.” He then attempted to provide context to the series of unfortunate events that rendered the appearance of a 19-year-old student unrecognizable after he ate his college roommate’s leftover Chinese food. This video has already gone viral.

According to reports, the 19-year-old subject suffered multiple episodes of bloody vomiting, extreme abdominal pain, chills, generalized weakness, progressively worsening muscle pains, chest pain, shortness of breath, headache, neck stiffness, blurry vision, and more. He also experienced discoloration all over his body that could be attributed to a severe complication of meningococcal septicemia. While his roommate only experience vomiting from eating the same food. In the end, doctors determined that “JC” encountered a serious bacterial infection called Neisseria meningitidis. Nevertheless, the college student went on to have a relatively good recovery from the entire ordeal.

Scroll up to watch Dr. Bernard Hsu’s viral video about how a 19-year-old man lost his limbs after eating his roommate’s leftovers.

Source: NY Post